Falls Church, VA, 22046
Joined on October, 2014
Any day in the afternoon
Any day in the evening
Any day in the evening
Up to 30 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationSan Carlos University of Guatemala – Guatemala, 01/2010 – 05/2014
• Bachelor’s in School Administration and Teaching, 104 credits / 7 semesters completed;
• Expertise in teaching youth and adults, curriculum design, Spanish language teaching, and staff supervision.
Liceo Guatemala/The Guatemalan Academy - Guatemala, 01/2004 – 10/2006
• Associate’s degree equivalent – Primary School Teacher
Fairfax County Public Schools Adult Education - Falls Church, VA, 7/2014- present
• High-Intermediate English as a Second Language (Summer Session Completed, Fall Session ongoing)
Holbal Net Computer Programming Academy – Guatemala, 01/2012 – 05/2013
• Introduction to Computer Programming
• Intermediate Computer Programming
ExperienceAcademic Teaching Internship, Sta. Barbara Public School – Guatemala, 07/2012 –12/2012
• Taught Spanish Language Studies 2 hours daily to high school freshmen for full semester
• Designed and wrote a new year-long curriculum for Spanish Studies course, which received positive feedback from supervisors and improved grades among students
• Completed administrative components of internship - staff training, managing teaching staff, academic monitoring and evaluation, curriculum writing, coordinating extra-curricular clubs and implementing special student programs.
5/6 Grade Teacher and Substitute Principal, Escuela Publica Peru Bolivia, Guatemala, 3 - 8/2009
• Taught the nationally-approved curriculum for Language, Mathematics, Social Science, and Natural Science courses to a class of 24 students.
• Coordinated art activities for grades 1 to 6
• Supervised the school’s free lunch program
Academic Teaching Internship, Private College Dr. Maximo Neumayer, Guatemala, 7/2004-11/2006
• Full-time teaching internship with primary students in 5th and 6th grades.
• Taught Spanish language studies according to the nationally-accredited public school curriculum
HobbiesI like teaching, cooking, playing football and reading interesting books.
Now I study English as a second language and I plan to continue my studies towards a Bachelors in Business Administration in the coming years.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.